The New Smart Extruder Plus
Print with confident and ease
Double the warranty of its predecessor, the Smart Extruder+ is a culmination of product design and 160,000+ hours of rigorous testing that delivers dependable, consistent performance with superior results using MakerBot PLA filament.
Inside, improved components and an enhanced sensor system ensure that your printing process is simple and reliable from start to finish. Designed for ease of use, this extruder ensures greater print success over time.
Keep Reliability Close at Hand
Learn from MakerBot’s engineers how a rigorous testing process of more than 160,000 hours led to the latest iteration in MakerBot’s swappable extruder. From the beginning of the 3D print process to the end, the improvements in the Smart Extruder+ boost productivity, saving you time and money.
As MakerBot’s most tested product ever, the Smart Extruder+ is backed with a 6-month warranty to ensure that you experience reliability with results.
Over 160,000 hours of testing
Your Smart Extruder+ works hard to keep you innovating. It has been engineered and tested for greater performance and reliability.
Let’s Take a Look Inside the Smart Extruder+
Watch this short video to learn how the breakthrough design of the MakerBot Smart Extruder+ ensures an intuitive, reliable 3D printing experience.
Tested for Reliability with Results
The Smart Extruder+ is MakerBot’s most tested product ever. The following ensure you get the reliability and results that you would expect from an industry leader in 3D printing:
- Tested for 160,000 cumulative hours or a total of 18 years.
- Tested by two groups in separate locations across MakerBot and Stratasys. These tests were done with a different build and production lot.
- A total of 5,800 total prints were completed. Our standard test print lasts over 24 hours.
- Backed by a 6-month warranty when using PLA filament, which is double that of the Smart Extruder.
Always Use MakerBot PLA Filament
MakerBot PLA Filament is optimized for the latest generation of MakerBot Replicator 3D Printers.
- The diameter of MakerBot PLA Filament is uniformly round to ensure that it will consistently flow through the extruder onto the build plate in smooth even layers.
- MakerBot PLA Filament is comprehensively tested to ensure there are no deviations in quality.
- MakerBot PLA Filament is made in the USA from the highest quality resins.